The Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) coordinates and participates in NIH-wide funding opportunities that support basic and applied behavioral and social sciences research. Although OBSSR does not have grant-making authority, it works with NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) to develop, coordinate and administer co-funded programs.
Recent OBSSR-led Funding Opportunity Announcements
All Funding Opportunity Announcements View a list of all the current funding opportunity announcements in which the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) is involved.
NIH RePorter Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool
OppNet FOAs In addition to the funding opportunities offered through the OppNet, there are a number of other funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) across the NIH that may be of interest to researchers working in the area of the basic behavioral and social sciences.
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- Listserv for BSSR Funding Announcements
- NIH RePorter
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
- Parent Announcements (For Unsolicited or Investigator-Initiated Applications)
- Applicant Resources (Center for Scientific Review)
- NIH Basic Behavioral and Social Science Opportunity Network (OppNet) Funding Opportunities