On this page:
- Who funds the OBSSR Web site?
- Does OBSSR endorse products or other Web sites?
- What is OBSSR's linking policy?
- What is the source of the medical information on this site?
- What is the copyright policy for text and images on OBSSR's Web site?
- What is the schedule for posting content?
- What is OBSSR's Social Media Comments Policy?
Who funds the OBSSR Web site?
The Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) and its Web site are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), United States Government.
Does OBSSR endorse products or other Web sites?
No, OBSSR does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The information on OBSSR's Web site may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Any use of a 3rd-party image/logo or participation in or use of a 3rd-party Web site does not imply endorsement. OBSSR may “follow,” “Like,” “mention,” or “tag” non-government organizations on 3rd-party sites, but this does not indicate endorsement of that organization or of its views or site content.
What is OBSSR's linking policy?
Linking to Us
Organizations are welcome to link to the OBSSR Web site. Links to the OBSSR Web site may not give the appearance of endorsing any commercial products, processes, or services.
External Links: Exit Notification/Disclaimer Policy
- This graphic notice () means that you are leaving the OBSSR Web site for a non-federal site.
- The external link provides additional information or a service that is consistent with the intended purpose of the federal site.
- Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by OBSSR, HHS, or any of its employees.
OBSSR is not responsible for the availability, accessibility, or content of these external sites, nor does OBSSR endorse information described or offered at these other Web sites.
What is the source of the medical information on this site?
Medical information presented on this site is derived from rigorous research on behavioral and social science medicine. Fact sheets produced by OBSSR are carefully reviewed by both OBSSR scientists and outside experts. The NIH has developed information quality guidelines to maintain the high quality of information.
- We collect no personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any PII you choose to provide is protected.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
OBSSR's Privacy Policies: How OBSSR Collects and Uses Information
OBSSR's Privacy Policies: How OBSSR Uses Third-Party Web Sites and Applications
What is the copyright policy for text and images on OBSSR's Web site?
Text: Text on the OBSSR Web site is not copyrighted and is in the public domain. You may print and copy our publications. Please credit the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research as the source, and include the publication title and date, where applicable. Do not use our information in a way that suggests we endorse any commercial product or service. Because we routinely review and update information, we encourage you to link directly to our Web site.
Occasionally, the OBSSR site may contain documents or links to documents, such as full-text journal articles, that are copyright protected. Web users may view and print these documents. Contact the copyright owner for any other uses.
Images: Most photos and graphics on our site were purchased and are protected by copyright. Copyrighted material carries a credit line indicating that it did not originate at OBSSR. Please do not copy these photos and graphics on our Web site without permission from the copyright owner.
What is the schedule for posting content?
We post information as it becomes available, unless otherwise required by law. Some areas of the OBSSR Web site are updated daily while others may not be updated for weeks or months.
What is OBSSR's Social Media Comment Policy?
We encourage and welcome your comments on OBSSR’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Connnector Blog. Please read our Social Media Comment Policy.