OBSSR is seeking input on scientific priorities and cross-cutting themes for the OBSSR Strategic Plan 2023-2028. OBSSR’s mission is to enhance the impact of health related behavioral and social sciences research (BSSR); coordinate BSSR conducted or supported by the NIH and integrate these sciences within the larger NIH research enterprise; and communicate health related BSSR findings to interested parties within and outside the federal government.
The purpose of this recently released Request for Information (RFI) (NOT-OD-22-211) is to obtain input on cross-cutting themes and scientific priorities that will help inform OBSSR’s Strategic Plan 2023-2028. You can view the most recent strategic plan (2017-2021) here: https://obssr.od.nih.gov/about/strategic-plan/.
The proposed scientific priorities and themes for the OBSSR Strategic Plan 2023-2028 include:
Three scientific priorities:
- Improve the synergy between basic BSSR and research testing approaches to improve health outcomes
- Enhance and promote research measures, methods, and infrastructure needed to support an integrated and more cumulative approach to BSSR
- Accelerate sustained adoption of BSSR findings in practice
Four cross-cutting themes:
- Integration of BSSR across NIH research
- Science of science
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA)
- Training and capacity building
Review the new RFI: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-22-211.html and respond by November 14, 2022, 11:59:59 PM EST: https://rfi.grants.nih.gov/?s=6318d59514480000ab000fa2