NIH Matilda White Riley Behavioral and Social Sciences Honors
Save the Date: 12th NIH Matilda White Riley Behavioral and Social Sciences Honors
Thursday, June 6, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
NIH Campus, Wilson Hall (Bldg. 1)
A registration link will be provided soon.
Matilda White Riley, Ph.D. (1911-2004) was a celebrated scientist and member of the National Academy of Sciences whose transformative work and leadership in the behavioral and social sciences at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is honored annually by the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR).
Each year, NIH honors the research trajectory and continuing influence of Dr. Matilda White Riley in the behavioral and social sciences across and beyond the NIH. Initiated as an annual distinguished scholar lecture, OBSSR expanded the event in 2016 to recognize emerging scientists with a competition for peer-reviewed articles by Early Stage Investigators (ESIs).
For more information about past NIH Matilda White Riley Behavioral and Social Sciences Honors, click here.
Stay informed about the latest news and events from the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research:
- Subscribe to the OBSSR Listserv
- Read the OBSSR Director's Voice Blog
- Follow us on Twitter (@NIHOBSSR) and Facebook(/OBSSR.NIH)
Early Stage Investigator Paper Competition
Participation details forthcoming, but please note that in January 2019, ESIs will be able to submit one research article meeting the following criteria:
- The first author of the paper is an Early Stage Investigator (as of the deadline for this paper competition submission), defined by the NIH as someone who has completed their terminal research degree or end of post-graduate clinical training, whichever date is later, within the past 10 years and who has not previously competed successfully as PD/PI for a substantial NIH independent research award.
- The article was published or accepted and in-press between 01/01/18 and 12/31/18.
- The article involves original research published in a peer-review journal. (Note: conceptual, review, or meta-analysis papers are not eligible for this competition).